Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What a Day!

Weight: 244.5

Yeah, that's right 244.5!!!! It's a result of dehydration. I didn't drink much water yesterday. I'll correct the hydration issue today and probably see a small gain soon. It has been a good week on the scale.

Breakfast:
1-banana, 2-fig newtons, and 1-cup skim milk (385)

Rode 8.95 miles in 50:47 (10.6 mph). My legs are sore and it was a bit windy, but otherwise it was a good ride.

I grabbed a Schlotskys medium turkey sandwich and small bag of chips before attending a 4-hour medical class at the fire station (725)

Snack:
Smart popcorn (120)

A few hours after class, two other friends and I went to a sports bar for his birthday. I didn't have supper and I drank waaaaay to much. It felt good to let loose. I haven't done that in years. Unfortunately, I'm paying for it now with a massive headache and complete lethargia. My schedule calls for lots of working out today, but I think I'll swap today's hard day with tomorrows off day. So, much for my attempt to re-hydrate!

Ahhhhh, flexibility at its best!

Total calories for the day: 1,230. The true number is much higher due to all the drinking and I have no idea what that number might be. URG!

2 comments:

Hey Zeus said...

Book recommendations. Read the following to change the way you eat and look at food.
The China Study by T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Perfect Health by Mary-Ann Shearer.

Tiggs said...

and I would add- read the first book in the Zone series by Barry Sears.

you had said that you are having probs with feeling hungry. swap out some of the carb calories in your diet for more protein calories. protein kills hunger, carbs fuel the feeling.