Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wind

Weight: 248.5

Last Thursday I weighed 248. Today, one-week later... I weigh 248.5. This sucks. Gotta stay the course and see the BIG PICTURE.

Breakfast:
2-flour tortillas, 2-eggs, and 2.5-oz potato (397)

Steve and I rode 22.28 miles in exactly 1:30:00. Average pace 14.9 mph. The wind was fierce! We knew it would be a challenge when we crossed the Lake Houston bridge and saw white-caps on the water.

We rode an out and back course. The wind was in our face outbound, making it a struggle to maintain 12-miles per hour. On the other hand, the wind was "our friend" on the return trip with a 22+ mph pace.

I have problems riding long distances because I have two herniated disc in my lower back. Usually I stop every hour or 15 miles in order to stretch. Today I stayed in the saddle the entire time. There was some discomfort for awhile, but I toughed it out. I tried stretching while staying on the bike. The stretching seemed to help.

This was a good, yet tough ride.

Upper-body workout:
3 x 10 wrist curl 35#
3 x 10 reverse wrist curl 10#
3 x 10 alternate bicep curl 20#
3 x 10 seated bicep curl - bar 15#
3 x 10 lying triceps curl 25#
3 x 10 standing triceps curl - bar 15#
3 x 10 dumbbell press 20#
3 x 10 prone deltoid press 8#

Great workout. I'm starting to feel stronger.

Snack:
2-slices wheat bread, 1-slice turkey, 1-tbsp light mayo, and 1-slice mozzarella cheese (254)

Alison and I had lunch together at Subway:
12"-roasted chicken breast on wheat bread and jalapeno chips (970)

I had plans to run today, but my legs are too sore from the bike ride. I'll run first thing in the morning and get caught up.

Lynn called and invited me to join her for Chinese food. I hesitated at first, but I really wanted to spend time with another adult. My life is work & kids, kids & work. Even though there is not a romantic interest, it is nice to spend time with another person.

I ordered chicken & broccoli off the "Diet Menu". This means the rice and vegetables are steamed and the chicken is cooked without any oils or sauces. The order seemed large so I pushed half of it to the side (to go) and enjoyed half of my meal. I had ~1/2 cup steamed rice, ~4-oz chicken, and ~2-cups of broccoli. After a little math, I assume I consumed about 450 calories.

Total calories for the day; 2,071

Added a couple pictures for the day. First one is of my kiddos. Preston has a new "car" and Alison likes pushing him around... it is so cute to see them interacting. When I have my kids, I don't have a trouble in the world!
The second picture is of my potato & egg breakfast tacos, which I've been enjoying for nearly a week.





No comments: