Thursday, April 10, 2008

Exercise away the Sadness

Weight: 258.5

Congratulations Lou! She was the first person to find and comment on my "diet blog". Thanks for the kinds words Lou, you ALWAYS put a smile on my face! Since I'm running a bit more, I'd like to move all these entries to my running blog. I'll probably do it sometime this weekend, so if I do have any readers... look for it there.

I was up at 4am for my new part-time job. Some how I lost track of time and ended up running behind. Knowing that time to eat is limited at work, I decided to stop at Taco Cabana for breakfast. My intentions were to order two potato & egg tacos, but they were out, so I ordered: 2-egg and chorizo tacos on flour tortilla (496)

Before leaving the house I had just enough time to pack a single turkey sandwich, which I ate at noon.
2-slices wheat bread, 1-slice turkey, and 1-tbsp light mayo (273)

On my drive home I was starving and could NOT resist the ease and convenience of drive-thru.
Whataburger; Grilled chicken sandwich and large french fries (980)

On the drive home, I called and asked Erin if I could pick up the kids because I haven't seen them in a couple days. She said it was okay. Before I could pick them up, daycare had called Erin and reported that Preston had a 102 degree fever. When I arrived at daycare he was burning up and they had him fully clothed!?!?!? I immediately took all his clothes off. When we got home I gave him some Tylenol and within 30-minutes his fever had loosened its grip. Not too sure what that was all about.

I felt bad that I didn't spend much time exclusively with Alison. Preston was fussy and throwing up, which took most of my attention. Alison has all the best intentions in the word, but she is like a sponge. She soaks up anything around her... whether it's something she sees or something she hears. While we were defrosting strawberries and pineapple for a snack she told me: "Momma said when she re-marries I will have two dads, but I PROMISE, you will be my favorite". It took everything I had to hold my emotions in. I was very upset. You can't help but love that precious little girl, but I'm not strong enough to handle the thoughts of her calling someone else dad. I don't remember how the conversation got there, but Alison was telling me about Erin's new boyfriend coming to their house yesterday and how she "likes him". This didn't help, but I made sure my outward expressions didn't match how I felt in the inside.

I've been saying this for a long while, I think there is more to Erin leaving than she lets on. Erin is not one to lie, but she has repeatedly NOT told me SIGNIFICANT things during our marriage, which is the same as lying to most people (and ME). I think this is the case right now. She has every right in the world to date or do whatever she pleases, but she has already introduced a new man to our children, a mere 3-days after our divorce was final. C'mon, that cannot be healthy for the kids. They are already confused and scarred.

I'll stop there. I have DEEP emotions about this issue and it is really bothering me.

I badly wanted to turn to food, but ended up working out. I feel a little better. Not so much about the Erin situation, but I am happy knowing I got my workout done.

My blisters are still present. In fact, my sock had blood on it from standing all day, but I pushed through the pain for a 23-minute walk and an 8-minute run. 1.3 miles walking in 23 minutes, average pace 17:25. 0.72 miles running in 8 minutes, average pace 11:08. Shortly thereafter I biked for 36 minutes, covering 5.8 miles, average pace: 9.8 mph.

Snack:
Strawberries and Pineapples (220)
Popcorn (120)

Later in the evening I finished the scheduled upper body workout AND the lower body workout I skipped yesterday:
3 x 10 wrist curl 30#
3 x 10 reverse wrist curl 8#
3 x 10 alternate bicep curl 15#
3 x 10 seated bicep curl - bar #10
3 x 10 lying triceps curl 20#
3 x 10 standing triceps curl - bar 10#
3 x 10 dumbbell press 15#
3 x 10 prone deltoid press 5#

3 x 12 sitting toe lift
3 x 10 squat to bench 15#
3 x 10 forward leg raise
3 x 10 leg extension 25#
3 x 10 hamstring curl #20
3 x 12 standing tow raise 20#
3 x 10 side leg lift
3 x 10 inner leg lift
3 x 20 sec. Knee stability balance
3 x 12 toe-in stretch
3 x 12 toe-out stretch

No comments: