Sunday, April 27, 2008

Great Run

Weight: 249.0

I can't believe my weight has been the same for EIGHT FREAKIN' DAYS!

Lots of you have been posting some great advice. It's time I tell you guys (and gals) my "game plan". Actually, it's very simple... Calories in, Calories out. Its' easy to see all the bad stuff I'm still eating, but I'm trying to transition into a healthier lifestyle. I'm focusing on calories right now, because lets be honest... at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is calories. I have to be careful, because I don't want my OCD to kick in. When that happens I look at every single gram of protein-carbs-fiber-sugar-fat that comes near my mouth and that 'life-style' becomes 'life-consuming'. Sure, I lose weight fast when I do that, but as you've seen, it NEVER last very long. I'm still eating what "taste good" AND I'm trying to keep the calories within a reasonable range. In the months to come I'll shift into another gear and change it up.

I'm consuming a fair amount of water. Probably not as much as I should be, but a hell of a lot more than I use to. I've only had one regular soda and a couple sweet teas. I'm very proud of that fact.

Flexibility is most important to me. All my failed diets have been completely rigid. It's taking a lot to get use to this idea, but I feel like I am in a 'groove'. Although, it would be a lot easier if the scale would start moving again!

Breakfast:
2-flour tortillas, 3-eggs, and 3-oz potato's (469)

Erin dropped off the kids as soon as I got off work this morning. I took the kids to Main Event in the Woodlands. We had a lot of fun playing video games and bowling. I made the mistake of not packing a lunch. To be honest, I didn't think we would stay there as long as we did. I ate breakfast at 8:30 and ended up "breaking-down" at 3:30 and eating there at Main Event. I was SHOCKED to find they had a nutritional value guide. Very cool!

Late Lunch:
Grilled Chicken sandwich on wheat bread and one order of french fries (1,000)

My run felt GREAT. Hell, it was better than great! Probably one of the best runs since I started. Todays 20-minute run was 100-times easier than yesterdays 10-minute run.
Lulu and I walked 0.63 miles in 10:02. Average walk pace 15:56. We ran 1.79 miles in 20:01. Average run race 11:11. Haven't mentioned it before, but I'm trying to run continuously. The last time I tried running again, I was addicted to walk breaks. Currently, I walk a little before starting and a little afterwards with progressively longer run times. It's working for me.

Supper:
Large Caesar salad and turkey sandwich (600)

Lower body workout. Increased a few exercises, as noted in red:
3 x 15 sitting toe lift
3 x 10 squat to bench 20#
3 x 10 forward leg raise
3 x 10 leg extension 40#
3 x 10 hamstring curl 35#
3 x 15 standing tow raise 30#
3 x 10 side leg lift
3 x 10 inner leg lift
3 x 20 sec. Knee stability balance
3 x 12 toe-in stretch
3 x 12 toe-out stretch

Total calories for the day; 2,069

First picture is of me and the cutest kiddos in the WORLD at Main Event. Second and third pictures is my running buddy.




No comments: