Friday, April 25, 2008

Heavy Load

Weight: 247.25

Breakfast:
2-fig newton cookies, and 1-cup skim milk (280)

Three mile walk at East End park with a friend. I forgot my watch, but we maintained a respectable pace.... probably in the 16:00-17:00 range.

This same friend took me to Pei Wei for an early lunch:
Spicy Chicken salad and 2-spring rolls (880)

The problem with salads is I am hungry a few hours later. Today was no different. By 3pm I had also ate left over Chinese food from last night (450) and a can of ravioli (500)

By the evening I was starving again and out of calories for the day. I decided to have my "free-meal" a day early.
Baked a chicken breast with BBQ sauce, sweet corn, and mashed potato's. While waiting for dinner to cook I ate 5-cheese sticks. After dinner I shared a cupcake with Alison. Its sounds like a lot more than it was, honestly!

Today was one of those days where I was hungry all day. Last night I had lots of stuff pinging around in my head, so I didn't get much sleep and now I feel groggy. My legs are incredible sore from yesterdays bike ride and I dreaded running today, but I made it happen.
...okay, I'm done whining.

I pushed BOTH kids in our single stroller for today's run/walk. Alison weighs about 45 pounds and Preston weighs 17 lbs. It was a lot harder to push them than I had expected. We walked 0.77 miles in 12:07 (15:44 pace). Ran 1.60 miles in 18:01 (11:16 pace).


1 comment:

Hey Zeus said...

This is one of those days where you should run 12 to 14 miles so the calories for the day are a push.

Here's a couple of suggestions. Trash the fig newtons, too much sugar with little to no value in the calories you get. Never keep left over Chinese food and dump the ravioli cans. You can't eat what's not there.

Eat nuts and drink water to stave off hunger pains. The fat in the nuts are good. I eat almonds all day long. I also live on black beans with brown rice and top it off with avocados. Eat lots of raw fruit and veggies.

Keep up the good work and don't beat your self up on one or two bad days. Keep thinking long term.