Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hospital Visit

Weight: 252.0

The weight loss is starting to get exciting! I've lost 11.25 pounds thus far!

Breakfast:
2-flour tortillas, 1-medium potato, and 2-eggs (468)

Breakfast:
Schlotzskys, 1-medium turkey sandwich, 1-medium size bag of jalapeno chips and large UN-sweet tea. (725)

Preston has been sick-like all weekend. He hasn't wanted to eat and now he seems lethargic. The root of the problem seems to be with his throat. He "wants" his bottle, but as soon as he makes a couple sucks he appears to be in a lot of pain. He has been crying for hours and he's not even sleeping much anymore.

By noon I could tell this was more than his current bronchitis and/or teething. He vomited 3 times this morning so I decided to take him to the minor emergency clinic. Once we were there the doctor asked a few questions and told me she couldn't do anything for him and he needed to be seen in the emergency room. I assumed Memorial Hermann Northeast, but she strongly suggested Texas Children's. So, that is where we went.

Long story short, they ran a multitude of test and they all came back normal. He was definitely dehydrated from no intake, diarrhea, and vomiting. Within 15-minutes of the nurse starting the IV he started to smile and perk up. There is still something wrong, but we were released 10-hours later.

I was STARVING on the drive home and ended up stopping by Whataburger:
1-grilled chicken sandwich, 1-medium french fry, and 1-large UN-sweet tea (870) I felt guilty for all the take-out, but it tasted great.

Needless to say I did not get my workout or run done. Almost decided to go running when we got home, but I was simply too exhausted. I plan on doubling up in the morning.

Total calories for the day: 2,063

No comments: