Monday, July 10, 2006

Week-in-Review, ending 7/10/06

Another week, another 1.5 pounds of "actual" fat loss. The scale shows a loss of 2.75 pounds. If the Omron Body Fat Analyzer is correct I had a significant lean muscle loss. Looking at all the numbers revealed some interesting data. I ate the least, on the days I ran the most. So, the lean muscle loss may be correct. I'll try harder in the future to correct this.

Weight: 205.5 lbs
Body Fat: 23.4%
Fat Mass Weight: 48 lbs

When I talk to runners I don't know, I always wonder about their weekly mileage. I'm amazed how some runners are able to cover so much ground in a single week. Probably has to do with their speed. The issue is simple math. Most advanced runners can cover 60+ miles in the time it takes me to cover 30 miles, yet we spend the same amount of "time" running. In the past, I always considered 40+ miles per week as the BIG LEAGUE. It seems hard to believe, but this week I covered 41.14 miles! Yes, I double checked my numbers. I finally have a base to be proud of. With a little luck I can hold this mileage and maintain my 12+ mile long runs.

Weekly Mileage: 41.14 miles

Now the food stuff. As stated above, I had some very high caloric intake days and some very low caloric intake days. The average yielded a slightly higher number than my basal metabolic rate. Busting the 3k mark sucks, but I can accept it as grounds for improvement.

Calories: 3021
Fat: 76 grams
Carbs: 418 grams
Protein: 186 grams

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't know if I told you but I had my BMR measured by my dietician. It was about 2750. Then she multiplied by 1.2 (some activity factor) and my daily burn (according to her is about 3300). So, I'm targeting 2300 + workout cals intake per day.

Iron Jayhawk said...

I'm with meg on the Granola.

Congrats on the 40+ mile week!! I haven't had one of those in a long time (since last marathon training I think).

I'm working my way back up there slowly. Keep up the great work.