Friday, July 21, 2006

7 Miles With 7 Strides

Training schedule: 7 miles with 7 x 30 second strides. Tonight was the first time I ran this particular workout. Last week Coach told me, "Try and make each stride progressively faster". Well, that is easier said than done. Even with my best effort, my times were below par. I did all seven strides at the end of each mile. The last three strides seemed particularly tough. The main issue today was returning to the prior pace after the stride. I'm sure the difficulty also has a lot to do with the newness of this workout. With a little practice, they are bound to get easier....right?

Activity: Run
Mileage: 7.06 miles
Time: 1:09:53 -- 9:54 pace
Splits (Left to Right):
10:21, 9:45, 9:45, 9:49
10:02, 9:54, 9:39, 0.38 (0.06 mile)
Location: Woodland Pines Subdivision
How I Felt: 8.5

2 comments:

SRR said...

Why is it that it's easier said then done? Know the feeling...all too well!

Humble Runner said...

When the coach and I were talking about the seven strides I thought to myself "that seems kind of EASY".... WRONG!