Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One Year Anniversary

I had a "big" post planned for today, but when I started thinking about the content there wasn't as much to say as I initially thought. This day last year I started dieting and running. There has been a fair amount of bumps in the road, yet well worth the journey. Below are a few anniversary facts:

Started Walk/Run & Dieting Program: July 11, 2005
Start Weight: 272 lbs
Current Weight: 207 lbs
First Race: Fired Up 5K, Sugar Land, Texas
Initial Pant Size: 46
Current Pant Size: 36
Initial Resting Heart Rate: 74
Current Resting Heart Rate: 56
My First Run: Ran for less than 2 minutes. Stopped, bent over in exhaustion, and walked back inside due to the pain
Current Running: 30+ miles per week, which includes a 13-mile long run
Average RUNNING Related Miles I Drive Per Week: 80-110
Joined HARRA: August 2005
Joined Power in Motion: Fall 2005
Joined the Houston Striders: March 2006
Humble Runner Blog Debut: May 1, 2006
Dates Spent Not Running (slump): November 22, 2005 through January 1, 2006
Injuries: Only one. Lower back pain, no running for 2 weeks in June 2006

As promised, here are the before and after pictures. Let me remind you there are few pictures of me, so my selection was limited. I'm a avid hunter, so most of my pictures are with a deer carcass in the frame. I cropped the picture so, the quality is rather poor. Try not to laugh too much.


BEFORE PICTURE


AFTER Picture

11 comments:

Crosstrain said...

Way to go Bill! You'll soon be able to run the deer down.

Unknown said...

You've made some amazing progress, Bill. Way to go.

Has your focus changed from "running to lose weight" to "losing weight to run faster" yet?

Keith.

teacherwoman said...

Congrats on ALL your success! It must feel great!

Steve Bezner said...

Congratulations!

I didn't realize you lost 65 pounds. Feels great doesn't it!

I was at the fired up 5k as well. Hope to seeya there again this year!

Keep it up Bill, your doing awesome!

Steve Bezner said...

P.S. I think you should leave the deer carcass in the frame!

Ummm..venison!

Anonymous said...

Yo Willie,

You and Steve B. are wonderful examples of the results of priority placed on a fit and healthy lifestyle coupled with dedicated, disciplined training. Keep up the great, great work! Fired Up 5k is on the SMART schedule. We had 45 participants last year and 16 umbrella winners. Check out page 18 of http://www.houstonstriders.com/2005_10.pdf for a photo.

Steeeve

Unknown said...

Bill, you're an inspiration to me and I need inspiration. So, next time you post hunting photos, let's see the rack. Way to go, Bill.

Sarah said...

I had no idea Bill -- that is AWESOME progress in one year! Big congrats to you, and keep it up.

Humble Runner said...

Thanks for all the SUPER comments. All you guys and Gals ROCK!

Keith, you're right. I see a direct relationship between my weight loss and my overall pace. General appearance weight loss has taken a back seat.

Steve B. I'll be at the 2006 Fired Up 5K. With a little luck and guidance from coach Steeve, I hope to have a significant PR (25:00????). I still don't know if I want the help of someone pacing me, or if I want to do this on my own.

Coach Steeeve, Thanks for the inspiring words. It means a lot coming from someone I respect as much as you.

Everyone else Thanks. And yes, It does fell great!

Jill said...

That is so awesome!! Great job and way to stick to it. You are an inspiration to all us other not so fit people!

SRR said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! You look great!