Sunday, July 16, 2006

10-Miler With 4 miles @ Marathon Pace

I couldn't be happier with today's run. My training schedule called for two miles warm up, six miles with four of the six miles at marathon pace, followed by two miles cool down. The McMillan running calculator predicts my marathon pace at 9:54. The 9:54 comes from my 5k PR of 26:35.

Due to the high temperatures, I waited till 9pm to run. Waiting this late was inconvenient, but it was the safe thing to do. My overall pace was 9:48 for ten miles. I need to check my log, but I'm sure this is a 10 mile PR.

The training run felt good. I forced myself to ease into the workout on the two mile warm up. At the four mile mark I put the hammer down and logged four consecutive low nine minute miles. I was taxed at eight miles. I backed off the pace for the cool down and had a good, clean finish.

So, what do you think Coach? As you already know, I seldom push this hard when I'm running alone. Aside from a bit of nausea right now, I feel great.

Activity: Long Run
Mileage: 10 miles
Time: 1:38:03 -- 9:48 pace
Splits (left to right):
10:41, 10:11, 10:03, 9:51, 9:11
9:12, 9:06, 9:00, 10:10, 10:32
Location: Woodland Pines Subdivision
How I Felt: 9

I see a pattern of impressive runs on days that I do my lower body weight training BEFORE my run. Hmmmm???

Activity: Weight Training
Body Region: Lower Body
Time: 30-minutes
Location: Home Gym
How I Felt: 10

Wow, I am starting to feel really bad... gotta go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya nailed it, Tex!

Steeeve