Monday, July 03, 2006

5-miles + Week in Review

I didn't see the Week-in-Review results I expected, however the numbers are moving in the right direction. The scale read a mere 3/4 lb loss, but the fat mass weight loss was 1.5 pounds. With a bit of luck, the 6-day-a-week running schedule will yield better results.

Weight: 208.25 lbs
Body Fat: 23.7%
Fat Mass Weight: 49.5 lbs

7-day Nutritional Average, ending 07/02/06:
Calories: 2975
Fat: 84 grams
Carbs: 425 grams
Protein: 159 grams

Activity: Easy Run
Mileage: 5 miles
Time: 52:28 -- 10:29 pace
Splits:
10:26
10:31
10:38
10:48
10:26
Location: Humble City Park
How I Felt: 8.5

Kudos to Fleet Feet Sports for excellent customer service. The staff bent over backwards to ensure I had the right shoe. Those guys and gals really know their craft. I ran 5 miles in the new shoes today and they felt tremendous! It didn't take us long to determine that the Saucany Trigon 3-Ride was the right shoe for me. The shoe only comes in two colors, blue and orange. I choose the blogger-orange. Sorry, no Strider-yellow in this model.

Todays run was uneventful. Nothing great, nothing bad. I ran at the Humble City Park. Have I mentioned how humid it has been this week?

3 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

You and Cassie will be able to run in style together!

You just reminded me that I need to check with Stan Timmer at Luke's to see if the Fortitudes that he pulled aside are orange!

Unknown said...

Nice shoes!

What do you use to measure your body fat? How do you track your calories, etc. I'm on usaeatfit.com. The great part about usaeatfit.com is that my dietician works with them and she monitors all the food I put into the database and e-mails me suggestions. The bad thing is that web site doesn't do much with the data. No weekly cumulative reports. I can enter my exercise calories and my BMR but there's no place where the total caloric deficit is represented. I guess I need to put together a spreadsheet. I just hate posting stuff in 2 different places. If I knew perl a bit better, I could get the info off the site programatically. I guess for now I'll just enter it manually. I'd like a central place to log exercise and nutrition all in one place instead of coolrunning.com, usaeatfit.com, and the blog.

Tiggs said...

lovely!