Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Packbacking Home

How awesome is this weather!

I decided to wear my backpack on my 6-mile walk home. In my backpack I carry; laptop, misc cables, ACSM manual, watch, badge, collar brass, keys, phone charger, water bottle, pens, flash drives, camera, and other small miscellaneous items. The additional weight was cumbersome, but I found a rhythm after the first mile. Extremely bored during the walk. I'd like to wear my ipod, but that is not a safe option with the amount of time I spend walking on non-shouldered roadways.

As soon as I arrived home I weighed myself and saw a nice weight loss, but it's probably a fluid shift from the walk. I also weighed my backpack. My loaded laptop style backpack weighed 22.5 lbs, but it felt a lot heavier.

Walk:
5.64 miles
1:37:25
17:16 pace

After a quick shower I drove to Magnolia, TX to help Todd move into his new house. By the time I got there the rest of the guys from work were nearly done unloading the trucks. On the drive home I stopped into REI and did a little window shopping. Now I'm back at Humble FD, working for Wyatt while he attends his Civil Air Patrol meeting.

Ten minutes ago the Chief from JVFD called and reminded me I'm suppose to work there tonight. I'm being pulled in so many directions that I've become a "flake". The extra money is nice, but I think it's time to cut myself free of a couple obligations. I'm not giving up my two coaching gigs, because they help keep me sane.

sigh.... what to do, what to do!?!?!?

No comments: