Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I. Need. To. Recover.

Wyatt and I finished working on his bike today. We've been chasing a mystery clicking noise from his bottom bracket. After making sure everything was installed correctly and snug in place we rode from my house to East End park, and back. On the way home we stopped at a local bike shop for suggestions, but the bike wasn't making the noise at that time. When we got home we made one last attempt to stop the noise by replacing the pedals. Lo and behold, we finally located the source of the noise!! Neither of use thought it was coming from the pedals, but at least it is fixed.

The ride was nice, even though my legs continue to feel weighted down. I've been hard on my legs this week. Friday is a much anticipated recovery day.

Trail Bike:
17.01 miles
1:35:00
10.74 mph

I struggled running a loop around Memorial Park before PIM started. My body kept wanting to maintain a 10:30ish pace, but I was fatiguing to a point that would have caused me to stop. I forced myself to slow down, so I could finish. Not a bad run... I'm just tired.

Our Baton 1 group is awesome. They continue to amaze me and it's hard to believe they are rookie runners. I combined the walks and run numbers together.

Run:
4.43 miles
51:39
11:39 pace

Walk:
0.69 mile
13:06
19.02 pace

No comments: