Monday, September 14, 2009

Group Ride

Impressive turnout for this mornings ride. Steve was introduced to the Kingwood riding group I met earlier this year. Later start than usual, but no one complained about the weather. Started at the church on Fairlake and rode to the gas station at HWY 90 in Crosby. Round trip 31 miles.

Road Bike:
31.25 miles
1:53:15
16.56 mph

Stayed on the phone for 2.5 hours with garmin customer service. I was having minor software issues. As usual, garmin customer service staff was very helpful. I ended up having two issues. One was related to compatibility with Internet Explorer 8 and the other was a conflict with my Panda anti-virus software. It took awhile to pinpoint the root of the issues, but everything is working perfectly now.

Working my last shift at Jersey Village Fire Department tonight. A couple weeks ago I decided to resign because I have too many obligations. I want to spend more time at home with my family. I also want to continue my trend of outdoor activities, which makes me o-so-happy. JVFD is a GREAT job and they were good to me, but I need a break.

Ran four miles on the JVFD treadmill while watching television. Over the last year, I've significantly reduced the amount of television I watch. It was a nice change to watch Family Guy and The Simpson's while enduring 4-miles on the treadmill.

Treadmill Run:
4.0 miles
53:18
13:20 pace

Walk (cool-down):
0.27
6:00
22:13 pace

No comments: