Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Long Ride

Steve, Erik, and I cycled from the Flying J fuel station in Spendora to Conroe... Yes, you read that right, CONROE. The route took was along loop 242, until we reached I-45 in The Woodlands. At that point we still needed another 8 miles, so we rode the feeder road to River Plantation. Once in River Plantation, we rode around until the odometer read 25 miles, then we turned around and road back to Spendora. Great route, except a few wicked miles along I-45. Erik had a couple flats, but other than that, it was a normal ride. Naturally, I'm tired and a little sore. My heart rate recovered well when we stopped and I could have easily rode more mileage. I'm confident my fitness level is good shape.

Road Bike:
50.18 miles
3:07:07
16.09 mph

Second night of PIM 2009 Fall session. Ran 3 miles before the group run. Near the end I ran out of fuel. Of the three miles, all were sub 11:00 miles. My body was telling me it had enough for one day, so I made adjustments on the last mile. I left just enough to run with my Pim'sters. We ran 8 x 2-minute run/1-minute walk. All went well. I have an energetic group that totally rocks. I combined all my times below.

Run:
4.26 miles
48:28
11:22 pace

Walk:
1.13 miles
20:16
17:56 pace

No comments: