Monday, September 28, 2009

Running in the Dark

Great day!

Andrea only has a single day to rest before starting her new job tomorrow, so we made the most of it. We started the day with a nice and easy trail bike ride to lunch.

Trail Bike:
11.82 miles
59:54
11.84 mph

A thunderstorm blew in this afternoon, forcing us to delay our run. Fortunately the storm passed over quickly and left us a few degrees cooler. We're always looking to try new ideas, so today we used LED hat lights and ran 4 mile's through the greenbelts, AFTER DARK. It was an amazing run. Run on the trails at night felt completely natural to me. The only parts I didn't like was when I could hear and see evidence of the city... street lights, sirens, etc. Lucky for us those occurrences were far and few between. On a majority of the run all I could see was about 10 feet of lighted pathway. As we ran along Kingwood Lake it was so beautiful it took my breath away. This run is vaulted into my all time top favorite runs.

How I feel is always evident in my pace. I wanted to run faster tonight, but the safety of running fast with limited light kept me at bay. It's interesting that we ran a sub 11:00/mile pace, yet my legs still feel fresh.

Run:
4.0 miles
42:23
10:36 pace

Walk:
1.69 miles
28:10
16:40 pace

No comments: