Monday, September 21, 2009

Determined

Biked to work this morning. Last night I made plans to run to work. When the alarm went off at 4:30am, I decided 5-hours wasn't enough sleep, so I opted for a bike ride... and an extra hour of sleep. Drizzly rain during the ride. Andrea dropped off my backpack on her way to work, so I had a GREAT ride without the extra weight.

Trail Bike:
6.29 miles
31:54
11.83 mph

One of the busiest days at work in a long time. Combination of typical Monday duties, projects, emergency responses, training, and cleaning. It took everything I had, but I managed to put myself on the treadmill for the scheduled 4-mile run. I'm disappointed in the pace, but it's DONE. The last call lasted about 2-hours and I was on my feet the entire time, so I wanted to take it easy. I started at 3.5 mph and increased 0.1 mph every 5 minutes. I didn't realize how slow this was till I reached 45 minutes and had barely at 3 miles. On the final mile I picked up the pace, just to be done. The run went good, even if it was painfully slow.

Run:
4.0 miles
58:53
14:43 pace

Walk (warm-up):
0.27
5:00
18:31 pace

No comments: