Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bitch-slapped

The highs and lows of life has put me in a weird mood. There are days when it feels like I'm Karma's bitch. Take today for example... I got lots of small projects around the house done, awesome workout, Andrea received some good news about a possible new job, then POOF, at the end of my day.... something bad. Nothing horrible, but enough to ruin my near-perfect day.

Rode my trail bike to Wyatt's to visit him for a few minutes. He's in the middle of a huge garage re-organizing project. I didn't want to get in the way or get recruited to help, so I took off and had lunch at Schlotzsky's before biking back home. It was absolutely beautiful outside today. Fall is in the air!

Trail Bike:
11.01 miles
58:52
11.22 mph

Ran two miles on the greenbelts late this evening. I felt like a douche bag, but I told Andrea I wanted to run alone. I'm training 4 different groups of runners... the Pim'sters, Kingwood FIT, Andrea, and myself. On days like today, I find it beneficial to "run" the stress out of my body. I tried to run it off this evening, but a small bit of it still lingers. People might not understand, but there are times when running is all about ME.

Run:
2.01 miles
22:50
11:22 pace

Walk:
0.60 mile
10:13
17:01 pace

No comments: