Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mini Derailment

Ran 6-miles with KW FIT this morning. Small turn-out as compared to other weeks and I'm not sure why. Tom joined us this morning as a guest runner. Tom has lost a tremendous amount of weight. Aside from changes in his diet, Tom as been running... by himself. It was refreshing to see him enjoying the social aspect of running with a group.

I had a rough start this morning, but felt better by the fourth mile. The temperature is back on the rise, but tolerable at 6am.

Run:
6.17 miles
1:13:40
11:56 pace

After the run we rushed to REI for their "garage sale". We were near the end of the line, but still found a few amazing deals. Probably the best two were: REI titanium anti-shock trekking poles, originally priced $99, I paid $6. Keen women's (for Andrea) light-hiking boots, original price $125, we paid $9. Can't wait till the next sale and we'll make sure to be early!

This evening was the first race of the HARRA Fall warm-up series, hosted by the Tornado Running Club. The 4x2 cross country relay is chopped full of steep inclines and declines, which is a challenge for any runner.

Earlier in the week we offered an "alternate runner" spot to my nephew, Cameron. Cameron aka "Boo" is a high school freshman running on the Deer Park varsity CC team. I ASSUMED it would not be a problem finding him a team if all our runners showed up. As luck would have it, all our runners showed up AND I couldn't find Boo a team. I was not feeling well and conceded my spot so Boo could run.

The team was jokingly named, "Luke Warm Molasses", but I should have named them "Greased Lightning". All four runners gave it everything they had and seemed to have a great time on a tough course.Giving up my race spot meant I had to run 2-miles at home.

Not sure what is going on with my body, but I've been tired and hungry for a few days. Even during this morning’s run, my legs weren't as fresh as I would have expected.

I ALMOST skipped the 2-mile run, but I had already eaten a few additional calories. I bargained with myself and ended up running. The run went a lot better than expected. Today was my "free-meal" and I ate a few items out of the norm... on top of the free-meal. I'm happy to say no binge activity. I will be back on track in the morning. I think this is a sleep and fuel issue.

Run:
2.03 miles
24:08
11:53 pace

No comments: