Saturday, September 05, 2009

Du?

Bike, Run, Bike

I convinced Andrea to join my running group this morning since our mileage is still in alignment with the half marathoners. It was an easy sale, because she enjoys running with me (even if I can't keep up with her). We decided to bike to the church (meeting spot) and back home, which was long enough to knock out all the cardio for the day.

Great bike ride there, but it was a bit dark on some parts of the trails.

The run went as smooth and easy as I've ever ran. My legs are 100% fresh and I feel like I could have easily run double digits. After the first mile, Andrea and a few runners took off ahead of us, never to be seen again. Well, we saw them when we all finished... at the end. I can't express how easy the run felt. I'm finding it hard to put it in words. So, I suppose I'll stop with, IT WAS A GREAT RUN.

Bike home was good. Small near-miss on the bike when jumping off a curb. Thankfully I recovered and neither me nor the bike hit the ground.

What a day... Life is GOOD!

Run:
5.08 miles
59:30
11:43 pace

Trail Bike:
8.54
48:14
10.62 mph

1 comment:

Moni said...

Life is Good!! We were all glowing from our run experience this morning!! Thanks again Coach Bill (and Andrea)!! God Bless!