Thursday, May 22, 2008

Slip and Fall

Weight: 237.25
RMR: -2,716

Breakfast:+160
Lunch: +532
Dinner: +1,345
Snack: +150

Bike: 20.08 miles. 1:11:10 (16.93 mph) -1,467

Can that be the correct amount of calories burned on a 20 mile bike ride? I checked it on a couple different sites and it appears to be correct. Wow, I really need to road bike more often. Steve and I had a good ride. Nice effort, good weather, and a respectable pace to boot.

Since Saturday, I have done nearly 9 hours of exercise and I can feel it. My hunger has returned with an endless emptiness in my stomach and I'm tired.

Confession:
Yesterday at work, all was well till the very end... I was in bed before 10pm, but I woke up when one of the other trucks got a call a few minutes before midnight. I couldn't fall back sleep. Unfortunately, I found myself awake and starving. Long story, short... I ate. It's embarrassing I don't demonstrate more self-discipline than I do. I suppose it's a learned behavior and I still need to "un-learn" these unfavorable traits. A rough estimate is about 1,000 extra calories on the mini-binge. I look for small feats and one would be, I didn't drink any calories.

Had a great day with my kids. I've spent a lot of time teaching Alison to ride her bike and today it finally paid off. She took three solo rides. She's been capable of riding on her own, but she needed a push to get started. She also gets scared when turning. Today she took off three times without my help and she executed numerous 180 degree turns in the road. She's officially a bike rider. I could not be more proud of her if I tried!

Total deficit today: -1,996.
I know this doesn't seem right, but its what the calculator said!



1 comment:

Steeeve said...

Unlearning drinking calories is cool. Everybody can remember their first bike ride...it's when you can't remember your last bike ride that you know you're getting up there.