Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A New Week

Weight: 244.25

I'm not sure what is going on with my body. My eating has not been ideal since my back went out, but... 9 freakin pounds!!! Not sure which medication is the culprit, but either the celebrex or the flexril has resulted in constipation. That might be a small amount of the weight, but it can't be the entire reason for a nine-pound weight gain in one week. That means I had to have eaten an additional 31,500 calories ABOVE my RMR. And for the record, that didn't happen. Whatever... what's done, is done. I'm moving on.

Breakfast: 327
Snack: 105
Lunch: 190
Dinner: 945
Snack: 408

Went for a "test" run this morning. A little voice in my head kept saying it's too early, but I had to do something about the weight gain. I did ten-minutes of stretching before and after the run. My back felt tight during the entire session, but it never stopped me from running. My shins were surprisingly tight. Otherwise it was a decent run. I slowed the pace down, which I think was a key component to the successful finish.

Unlike my usual self, I'm not going to try and make-up the runs-biking I missed. I'm going to start back on my schedule, where I am suppose to be.

Run: 2.1 miles. 25:01 (11:55 pace)
Walk: 0.75 miles. 13:14 (17:39 pace)
Mid-body workout

Should have delayed the workout. The session went okay, but my back is a little tighter now.

Total calories: 1,975

No comments: