Thursday, January 11, 2007

5k

Activity: Run
Mileage: 3.1 miles
Time: 34:04 -- 11:01 pace
11:06, 10:51, 11:10, 0:55 (0.10 mile)
Location: Kingwood Greenbelt
Average HR: 148

Activity: Weight training
Body Region: Mid-body
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Home Gym
How I Felt: 9

Last run before the big dance. As soon as I swung my legs over the side of the bed, I realized how hard I pushed my pace last night. Was it a good run? Oh yeah! Was it a smart run? Nope, not the smartest thing I've ever done. To make amends I ran early this morning. The way I see it, that's another 12-hours of recovery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't worry about last night. Some runs are good for your head. A 35 minute run that demonstrates you still have your hard-earned fitness puts you in the right state of mind for Sunday.

Your 5k this morning at a pace you might do a lot of Sunday is a good deal. Rest up now, Tex, time to start putting on your marathon face.

Steeeve

TX Runner Mom said...

Wow, 3 more days! Glad you had a good run..now relax!

Unknown said...

Sweet!!! How 'bout some pizza tonight? You gonna be there?

SRR said...

How do you keep that heart rate down?