Friday, January 19, 2007

Progress?

Activity: Stationary Bike
Level: 4
Time: 60 minutes -- 15 mph
Location: Humble FD Gym

Activity: Weight Training
Region: Lower body
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Humble FD Gym

My ankle is a weird injury. It hurts when I walk especially when my weight is on the right ankle. I've noticed it hurts more when my stride is far out in front of me or way behind me. It simply gives out and at times I nearly fall. I can flex, extend, and roll my ankle with no pain. No pain upon palpation.

Today, I thought I'd try the stationary bike. To my surprise there wasn't a smidgen of pain. As I said, this thing is weird. Since the biking went well I decided to complete a lower body workout. Once again, no pain. This workout includes:
Seated toe raises 3x12
Squat to bench (w/15 lb DB's) 3x10
Forward leg raises 3x10
Leg extension (25 lbs) 3x10
Hamstring curl (20 lbs) 3x10
Standing heel raises (20 lb DB's) 3x12
Side leg lifts 3x10
Inner leg lifts 3x10
Toe-in (Plantar flextion) 3x12
Tow-out (Plantar flextion) 3x12

Weird, huh? Anyone know what the problem is?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Strange injury. Hope it goes away soon.

Anonymous said...

The problem is that you were missed running this morning!!!
:)