Wednesday, January 24, 2007

More blah +1

Activity: Stationary bike
Level: 4
Time: 75 minutes
Location: Home Gym

Activity: Weight Training
Body Region: Lower
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Home Gym

Today was the first day since the marathon that my ankle didn't "give-out". A couple episodes of discomfort when walking (weight on the ankle), otherwise a really good day.

A couple hours ago I got bummed after reviewing my 2007 running goals. There's a chance that two of my eight goals will not happen. One is the monthly mileage streak of 100 miles per month. Even if I could run right now, it would be risky to pile 31 miles in seven days.

The second goal was also a streak-style target. I've completed every HARRA Spring/Fall series race in 2006 and had hoped to continue the streak. February 3rd is the first Spring series race. Lets hope I make it to the starting line.

Is it cheating to change my mileage goal to an average 100 miles per month? That won't work, because I ran 1275 miles last year. No digressing on this blog! Maybe I should up the ante and try to break 1500 miles for the year. That's doable, right? What would you do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would continue doing the SMART thing... :)
That could be your new goal! This goal should have the same power as the US has in the UN...meaning, it can VETO and TRUMP any other goal that comes its way!!

Anonymous said...

Willie, your goals are super admirable, but the bigger picture goal of get healthy dominates. Agree the 100 miles in January may end up being a sacrificial lamb to achieve your other goals. Strength! Courage! Patience! Smartivity!

Steeeve

Unknown said...

Just added Smartivity to my vocabulary. What a great word. I'm using it in my next blog post.