Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Too soon

Activity: Weight Training
Body Region: Upper body
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Home Gym

Activity: Walk
Mileage: 1.11 mile
Time: ~22 minutes
Location: Trailwood Village

My ankle stopped hurting, so I went for a slow walk. Within 1/4 mile the pain was back. Nothing serious, but it seems to "give-out" when I put weight on the right side. The weight training went well.

I've posted a couple videos below. Good stuff, but both are long. Also, check out the Houston marathon website. They have some very cool stats and finish line video footage. I love this stuff! I'd like to break into the top 50% on my next marathon. Here's what they have for me:








3189 place overall. 2158 finishers behind me. 60% finishers ahead.
Chip 3163 place







2237 gender placement. 1066 finishers behind me. 68% finishers ahead.
Chip 2217 place
291 place in age bracket. 131 finishers behind me. 69% finishers ahead.
Chip 290 place

I was ahead of 53% of female finishers.
Averaged 10:38 per mile, 6.37 per km, 5.6 mph, 9.1 kph
I was 5 seconds behind another runner in my age bracket
If I had ran 15 seconds faster I would have gained 6 gender places
I was in the middle of West University Place when the overall winner finished
Event average time: 4:30:06. This is the time I would have liked to beat.

Can you tell I'm bored?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that it is Post Marathon depression!!We are no longer slicing/dicing/and over-analysing our daily runs and anything planned in the future still seems a long ways away...!
Ho-hum!!!

TX Runner Mom said...

Thanks for posting the videos! I loved watching Ryan break the record!