Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A much needed run

Activity: Walk (the dog)
Mileage: 1 mile
Time: ~17:00
Location: Kingwood
How I Felt: 10

Activity: Weight Training
Body Region: Upper Body
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Home Gym
How I Felt: 10

Activity: Run
Mileage: 4.25 miles
Time: 43:24 -- 10:13 pace
Location: Memorial to Jackson Hill
How I Felt: 9.5

Coach Steeve sent me a general "where you been" email, which resulted in me meeting the Striders tonight at Memorial Park. I joined Barb for a pleasant 4 miles to Jackson Hill. Actually Steeve said it was 4.25. It's been awhile since I've run with anyone. It was nice to carry on a conversation while running, which made the time fly. The weather held up and so did the knee. In fact, the knee was silent until the end. Even at its worst, it wasn't too bad. I got some advice from Matt on a "patella band". He said they're cheap, so its worth a try.

Added bonus to tonight's run: 1) I got to experience Bubba's. Cool place to hang out. 2) I was allowed to sit in on the Strider Ultra Relay committee meeting. You couldn't pick a better group of people. There's been a lot of work put into this and it was very obvious. As soon as we got there each committee member was given hand-outs, folders with detailed race information (color copies), and pictures via a laptop computer.

I know their decision, but you won't hear it from me. HAHAHA

I'm not too sure if she reads this blog, but thank you Barb for the wonderful run and congratulations on the new job! Barb Rocks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh, oooh, ooohh...I am dying to know where the relay is. I guess I will just have to stay posted!

Sorry I missed you last night - I opted for an earlier run. Will we get to see you on Saturday? (I hope so!)

Good running Bill!

TX Runner Mom said...

Glad to hear the knee is feeling better!

Unknown said...

I didn't know Barb got the job. That's awesome. Good to see you last night.

Anonymous said...

Not Wild West, not Mt. Rainier to Ocean :-) Barb's only an occasional reader, but her hubby will make sure she gets the message.

Steeeve