Monday, January 08, 2007

8 miles

Activity: Run
Mileage: 7.83 miles
Time: 1:22:26 -- overall pace 10:32
2-mile warm up:
11:33, 11:26
5 x 1/2 mile -- 3 minute recovery:
4:30 - 0.27
4:25 - 0.26
4:18 - 0.26
4:16 - 0.27
3:57 - 0.27
2-mile cool down: 11:55, 11:04
Location: Kingwood
How I Felt: 10

I was half-way through the workout when I thought to myself, "Wait a damn minute! Is this an abbreviated version of the Yasso workout?". Either way, I was very happy with the results. The effort level was 7, maybe 8-ish. Didn't break a sweat until the last interval. This is encouraging news to me. Now I hope some of you experienced runners can validate me.

5 comments:

Junie B said...

hey!! you're supposed to be TAPERING!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Validation Complete!

Althoug you might want to wait on the master validator, Steeeve.

Seriously, that's great news. I hope to seeya out there on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I did not break a sweat last night, not because of my effort level, but because it was so friggin' cold!! (Canadians everywhere are probably ashamed to call me one of "them" after that comment!!)

Anonymous said...

Validated! Good running, Tex. The key is that you kept going. Walking the recoveries would have invalidated any inferences you could have drawn from the workout.

Now go get some rest :-)

Steeeve

Unknown said...

Validated!