Wednesday, May 31, 2006

7-miler

Today's run was awesome. The Houston Striders KICKED MY BUTT! We ran a seven-miler from the Memorial Park fitness center to Uptown Park.
The other runners backed off their usual swiftness and challenged me to push myself for a faster pace. Matt, Steeve, and Barry did a great job talking to me, which took my mind off the uncomfortable pace. Truth be known, I think they were trying to speed me up.
My left leg was a little bothersome from mile 2 until the half way point. Nothing too serious, so I won't waste your valuable reading time complaining about it. After looking at the numbers, I see that tonight's pace was only 5 seconds off my 10K PR. I feel it in my legs, but this is a GOOD feeling! Special Thanks to Steeve, Matt, Barry, Cyndie, and David! Hopefully I didn't miss anyone's name from tonight's run.

Activity: Run (group)
Mileage: 6.76 (garmin distance)
Time: 1:03:49, 9:27 pace
Splits:
9:29
9:44
9:17
9:47
9:10
9:12
7:10 (0.76 mile)
Location: Memorial Park to Uptown Park
How I felt: 9.5

Weight: 210.5 pounds
Calories: 2830
Fat: 91 grams (higher than usual)
Carbs: 344 grams
Protein: 172 grams

Side note: I ended the month of May with a grand total of: 125.88 miles and this was my first full month blogging about my journey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cyndie was with us as well. Light crowd given the threatening weather conditions but long experience dictates that the weather is fine at Memorial Park at 7pm on Wednesdays.

Steeeve

Humble Runner said...

Cyndie was added to my "thanks" list. Being is so quite and swift, she is easy to miss.

Anonymous said...

And I missed the 126 miles for the month in your training log. Very, very solid, especially considering there was a lot of quality stuff in there.

Steeeve