Friday, May 12, 2006

Day in Review

My legs are crazy sore from the Thursday night time trial. Good thing today was an off-day. I've spent the last couple of days trying to find a pattern of weakness. I have found several key things that need to change.
More sleep. I've had less than 6 hours sleep the last three nights in a row. I want to try for a consistent 7+ hours of sleep
Fuel my body better. I'm a creature of habit, consequently I typically eat the same foods for long periods at a time. This week I have tired myself of the "same ole same" foods I have in my home.
Less stress. My stress levels have been higher than normal. This week I placed both my house for sale as well as my rental property. Since my renter moved out a couple weeks ago I'm left with an extra mortgage. Hopefully, this is short-term stress.
Less treadmill. The times don't lie. Mileage on my treadmill is long and slow. I have too many other options within 5 minutes of my home. I'm shooting for 2 or less runs per week on the treadmill. The only problem is how easy it is to knock out a few miles while watching the news.

Tomorrow I plan to participate in the "Run the Woodlands" 5k. I have never done this run before and I was hoping to introduce my uncle to some of the Woodland Running club members, since he lives in Conroe.
I haven't decided how to run the race. If my legs still feel like they do now, I may just make this a training run. I would like to give it my all, but I have an 11-mile long run on Sunday. I'll decide in the morning.

No comments: