Thursday, June 01, 2006

Give me a FREAKIN' BREAK!

This morning started great. Yesterdays run let me know I was back and ready to get more serious.
I planned on the Strider 7-mile run this evening, so I decided to complete my weight training first. The mid-body weight training went well until the last rep, of the last set. I twisted or did something different that threw my back OUT. I went to the floor and not much else has improved since then. I've iced my lower back, sat in cold water, stretched, and taken enough ibuprofren to kill a small dog. Nothing is working. I'm having trouble walking much less entertaining any thoughts of training. I'm going to take some "left-over" muscle relaxers, retire early, and wish for the best.

It's weird how fast things have changed. Earlier, I was thinking of how to compose my exciting post where I was going to announce my lack of injury.

The only good news today: I stayed on course with the diet. Keith helped me set up an "Under 3000 Calorie" counter. Thanks a bunch for the script Keith! Its located at the bottom of the sidebar. Check it out and tell what you think.

Activity: Weight training
Body Region: Mid-body
Time: 30 Minutes
location: Home Gym
How I felt: 10++ before the injury, 3 post injury

Weight: 210.5 pounds

Calories: 2991
Fat: 39 grams
Carbs: 485 grams
Protein: 223 grams

These are great nutrional diet numbers (for me)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! You missed a fine run, too, very temparate for June. However, I'm afraid the pizza afterwards would have caused you to smash through the 3k barrier :-(

Steeeve

Woodlands Runner said...

Here is a belated, "Welcome to the Club!"