Thursday, May 25, 2006

Not much better

The shin splints are still with me. Today the pain was worse that yesterday when simply walking around. I did all the typical R.I.C.E. stuff, but no positive results. Against my will, I chose to lay off the running today. Tomorrow is my normal off-day, so that's a solid 48 hours of rest. Late last week I signed up for the Astros Race of the Pennant 5k on Saturday. Hopefully within these two-days the problem will work itself out. I also promised to take my wife to the beach Sunday, which is where I planned on doing my 12-mile long run. At this point, everything is up in the air and I'm completely frustrated.

Weight: 215.5 pounds

Calories: 2955
Fat: 56 grams
Carbs: 480 grams
Protein: 146 grams

I was quite hungry several times late in the day. The cause was most likely due to boredom and not much water intake. I was able to stay within my dailey parameters.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hope to see you at the Astros 5K tomorrow!