Thursday, May 04, 2006

Easy jog and some TUFF intervals


Today I decided to forsake the treadmill and run with my favorite running partner, Alison. Alison (my 4-year old daughter) and I went for a gentle jog at the local park. For those of you who do not know, Humble has an excellent one mile, crushed granite trail (actually they have two different one-mile tracks in the same complex). The amenities:Large quarter mile markers, plenty of shade, COLD water fountain on the trail, ample parking and clean restrooms. Not much runner traffic, mostly walkers, and bikes are not allowed. Its a really nice place.
I left the house a little late (10am), so it was getting hot outside. Just before we arrived a small rain shower raised the humidity, but it was 10 times better than the treadmill. Alison and I talked about all the squirrels she saw, the different dogs on the trail, and of course, LUNCH. To my surprise, I forgot my watch at home and had to rely on the clock in my truck. The 2.5 miles was 30 minutes exact. Actual run time was at least two minutes less, since we got some water, had to walk to the trail, etc. I was happy with my time, considering I was pushing a jogging stroller. It is harder than it looks, TRUST ME. Once again, I was trying for 3 miles, but decided on my usual 2.5 mile morning run. I walked an extra 1/2 mile after noting the time in my truck.

Weight: 210.5

Activity: Run (easy)
Mileage: 2.5 plus 0.5 walk
Time: Less than 30:00 minutes
Location: City of Humble Park
How I Felt (1-10): 8.5

Later in the day I felt ready for more, so I decided to do my weekly interval run. The run felt good, but my legs are completely WASTED. I tried to average an 8:00/mile pace and did a good job of maintaining the pace,with the exception of the first three. I made up for one split at the end with a sub-2:00 minute lap. I'm glad tomorrow is an off day.

Activity: Run - Intervals 9x400 with 200 meter recovery (walk)
Mileage: 2.25 miles
Time (laps):
1-2:09
2-2:05
3-2:05
4-2:00
5-2:00
6-2:00
7-2:00
8-2:00
9-1:56
Location: Home - Treadmill
How I felt (1-10): 9

Another fair nutritional day. We had a bundle of banana's and several oranges getting a little too rip, so being as cheap as I am, they were a large part of today's menu.

Calories: 2465
Fat: 54 grams
Carb's: 368 grams
Protein: 125 grams

No comments: