Monday, May 15, 2006

Rx: Sleep

The lack of sleep caught up with me Saturday evening. I told Erin I was exhausted and wanted to lay down for a hour (4:00 pm Saturday). To my suprise, I didn't wake up until midnight. I stayed up about one hour and went back to bed. Awake at 5:30 am for my long run, which yielding a whopping 12 hours of sleep! Last night I retired early at 9:30 pm and slept till 07:00 am. I have slept more in the last 2-days than the prior 5 days total. My legs feel good and I have tons of energy this morning. I need to FORCE myself to a regimen of 7-9 hours of sleep. No running today, but I enjoyed posting my schedule last week, so I'm doing another one.

Weekly schedule:
Monday: Weight training (upper & lower), no running
Tuesday: 2 miles easy (morning), 30-minutes-hill training (evening), weight training (lower)
Wednesday: 2 miles easy (morning), Strider group run (5-6 miles)
Thursday: 2 miles easy (morning), Terry Hershey Park speed work (total 5 miles). I might skip this workout since it is so far away. Fuel prices at 3 bucks a gallon is killing me.
Friday: Weight training (upper & lower), no running
Saturday: Beach to Bay relay (4.5 miles)
Sunday: 4-5 mile easy run

No comments: