Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Pain

Tonight I skipped the hill training for a 6 mile run. My decision was a result of the increasing pain to my left tibia. I can't tell if the bone hurts, or if it is connective soft tissue. Either way, it's really bothering me. Running on concrete and asphalt seems to make matters worse. Today I ran 6 miles at the Humble City Park. The initial two-miles were a test of my willpower to stay in motion. I settled into a nice easy pace at the 4.25 mile mark, but the leg pain never went away. After the workout I sat in the tub with REALLY COLD water for 30 minutes. I also massaged the area the best I could and took some ibprofern. Hopefully this problem will disappear very soon.
The diet went well today, you can see the numbers below. The extra 300 calories have made a huge difference. I seldom feel hungry and I have calories felt over at the end of the day.

Activity: Run (easy)
Mileage: 6 miles
Time: 1:04:51 (10:48 pace)
Splits:
10:42
10:35
10:57
10:52
11:22
10:18
Location: Humble City Park
How I felt: Overall 8, leg pain was a 5

Calories: 2742
Fat: 61 grams
Carbs: 429 grams
Protein: 187 grams

No comments: