Thursday, August 20, 2009

Solo Ride

The plan was to meet up with a few local riders this morning, but something must of happened, because I was the only one that showed up. I waited an extra ten minutes for the other riders, then decided to go solo.

Peaceful 24 mile ride starting at the Flying J Fuel Station. Cycled Northwest on Loop 242 from HWY 59 and turned around a mile past FM 1314. Completely flat route with a wide shoulder, which helped me maintain a constant speed throughout the ride.

I always marvel at the beauty of early morning rides. On the trip out, the sun was behind me and I was amused at the different shadows I was projecting on the roadway. I posted a few pictures below.

Road Bike:
24.07 miles
1:29:32
16.13 mph

Nice 1.5 mile tempo run this evening. The schedule called for an "easy day", but I noticed I was gliding along a lot faster than usual and I couldn't resist the urge to push the pace. Feels good to move a little quicker, even if it was only 1.5 miles.

Andrea joined me for the run. We both have a lot on our mind and didn't say much while exercising. We received some despairing news today about her child custody court case. It seems they decided at the last minute that Taylor should have her our attorney. It's amazing they couldn't have determined this MONTHS ago. I think there's a little more to the story than we really know, but since this is a public blog, I'll keep those thoughts to myself.

Walk:
1.03 miles
17:18
16:47 pace

Run:
1.51 miles
15:34
10:19 pace
16.13 mph



No comments: