Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bike, Bike, Bike, Run/Walk

Biked home from work this morning.

At 11am Preston and I tried to bike to lunch. A mile from the house we ran into an isolated rain storm , so we hurried back home. I was drenched and exhausted from trying to get home as fast as possible, yet Preston had a good time. He kept saying, "it's raining, it's raining...", while kicking me from his car seat. Another enjoyable moment I hope to recall for years!

After lunch the skies cleared and we biked around Kingwood. Preston had a good time, but was upset when I took him out of his car seat. This time he kept saying, "I bike, I bike...", so I had to put him on the bike seat and push him up and down the driveway. It was too cute.

Trail Bike:
13.1 miles
1:06:12
11.87 mph

Once Andrea got home we loaded Preston in the jogging stroller, put Taylor on her bike, and went for a run. The workout; 6 x 0.50/0.25 intervals with warm up and cool down. Impressive walk pace, especially when it didn't feel like we were walking fast. I should have pushed the intervals harder. I was lacking motivation and sand-bagged the mileage.

Walk:
2.29 miles
37:38
16:26

Run:
3.0 miles
34:13
11:24 pace

No comments: