Sunday, August 02, 2009

Bad News, I'm SLOW

Biked home this morning. Overcast skies kept most of the heat back, yet the humidity had a strong grip on me.

Trail Bike:
6.41 miles
35:52
10.73 mph

While Andrea was on her long run I hit the gym. Skipped the mid-body workout yesterday, so I added it onto today's lower body workout.

Weight Training:
Mid-body and Lower Body

The entire family biked to Schlotzsky's for lunch. Nice easy ride. I was very proud of the girls. Seven miles is a long way for their tiny legs. They were rewarded with a brief stop in the toy & candy store next to the sandwich shop.

Trail Bike:
7.38 miles
50:35
8.75 mph

Working my Part-time job at Jersey Village FD tonight. Since the last time I was here they purchased a new treadmill! I like the cardio room at JVFD, because it has a television to watch while running. At Humble FD, I just stare at a wall.

Now, to the bad news... I had a good run. Ten minute warm up walk, 2 mile run, and ten minute cool down walk. I ran by effort level, not time or speed and it is similar to the Humble FD treadmill. I had HOPED it was not correct, but it is. I'm simply slower, A LOT SLOWER on the treadmill. Of well, running is running.

I'll never win an age-group award, so no reason worrying about how fast I can run. Right?

Walk:
0.97 mile
20:00
20:37 pace

Run:
2.0 miles
29:11
14:36 pace

Afterwards I went through all my stretches.

No comments: