Monday, August 03, 2009

Almost 30

As soon as I got home from the part-time job, I loaded up the road bike gear for a long ride with the Kingwoood group.

We had five people riding this morning. No cycling superstars in our group, so it is usually a nice social ride. We rode the grass farms around Dayton to the Shell station in Crosby. Nothing too interesting about the ride. I changed two flats, neither of which were mine. Even the wind was well behaved today. I wish we would have rode in a tighter peloton. We rode in a spread out pace line and had to do our own work.

Two-hours of cardio per day is wearing me down. On the way back I BONKED huge with only five miles left to ride. I simply ran out of gas. I went from riding 17 mph to 12 mph within minutes. Nothing I could do about bonking. I put my head down and maintained a few rpm's until I saw my truck.

I'm quite tired and deserve a nap!
Road Bike:
29.91 miles
2:02:49
14.61 mph

No comments: