Monday, August 24, 2009

Motivation

Left the house at 5:30am to walk Alison to school. That was a lot of driving for a 10-minute walk to Alison's classroom. Erin allowed Preston to home with me for an extended stay (7-days!). Preston and I arrived home at 10:20, so my mini-trip took nearly five hours. URG, I miss them living two miles away!

Preston and I had so much fun playing around the house that I forgot I needed to get my cardio fix. As soon as I realized I needed to get out the door I had a total loss of motivation. Not sure why, but I didn't want to workout. Probably has a little to do with my weight. I was struggling mentally with the lack of weight loss a week ago, then I had a couple good days. Now, I've had a 5-day run of minimal weight loss. I expect so much more with two hours of cardio, six days a week.

After Andrea go home I talked myself into running. I ran 6 x .50/.50 intervals. It rained on me the entire time, but I didn't mind. I was happy to trade the cool rain for blistering heat. The workout felt easy, almost too easy. The recovery intervals were too long, yet that is what got me out the door.... I knew it would be easy.

Walk:
3.17 miles
53:47
16:58 pace

Run:
3.0 miles
32:38
10:52 pace

Finished the cardio workout on the bike trainer. It wasn't a vigorous workout either, but I suppose it's better than sitting on the couch.

Bike Trainer:
9.7 miles
35:04
16.6 mph

No comments: