Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to Biking

As I looked over my schedule I see an obvious trend of weight loss when I combine running and cycling. The trend also shows a direct relationship of small gains and even some weight gain when I walked rather than cycled. I've only tracked this over the last 3-4 weeks, so it might be coincidence. Either way, I plan to start riding more.

Set up the bike trainer and watched the Track and Field World Championship on television for about one hour.

Bike Trainer:
17.28 miles
1:00:03
17.27 mph

Later this evening I joined the Kingwood Cyclist group for a ride out of Duessin Park. Met a new rider, his name was Eric. He showed up with an older MTB and I was wondering if he was going to do his own thing or TRY to keep up with us. To my surprise he stayed right beside us! He was a bike-riding-machine! We rode from Duessin Park to Eisenhower Park and did three of the big loops. On the final loop I told Eric I wanted to push hard over the hill and to the park exit. Eric joined me and shocked the shit out me, again. I beat him by a small margin up the hill, but as soon as we crested he rode right past me. It took me nearly a quarter-mile to catch back up to him.

It was a great ride. Our mph was a lot faster than the computer revealed because we kept turning around to meet up with the other two riders, which involved some idle pedaling.

Road Bike:
16.66 miles
1:05:33
15.25 mph

Still not in the mode to lift weights. Eventually I have to start again.

No comments: