Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hike-a-Roo

Eight mile hike through Lake Houston Park. Started and ended the hike with a mile run. Our noon start time made for a warm workout. And for some reason it seemed like we walked for a lot longer than two-hours. All-in-all, I still had a good hike.

The lateral aspect of my right foot has been hurting since the end of the hike. The pain feels like a bruise. I iced both feet, but it still hurts. Hopefully the pain will disappear before tomorrows 3-mile run.

Walk:
5.92 miles
1:47:46
18:12 pace

Run:
2.0 miles
23:28
11:44 pace

Tomorrow is Alison's first day of second grade at her new school in Trinity. I want to be there, so that means I'm waking up at 5am, to be in Trinity by 7:30am. Driving nearly one hour and forty-five minutes to be with Alison for 10-15 minutes. Hope to spend some time with Preston as well.

I miss my kids more than they will ever know. Now that my kids are living nearly two hours away from Kingwood I have an unrelenting pain deep inside of me, which I don't like to talk about. I'll be the first to admit I'm living a good life, but it will ever be complete without them by my side. As a daily occurrence I have to remind myself this is something I have to live with and I have minimal control to enact change. Somehow I hope they know how much I love & miss them. I also hope they know they're not in my daily life because of any choices or decisions I made. These are the cards I was dealt.

No comments: