Saturday, August 08, 2009

Lake Houston Park

The day started in a disappointing fashion, but I'm happy with the week in general.

Busy day at work lead into a busy night as well. I had a buddy come in early so I could run with the KFIT peeps, but work didn't allow that to happen. By the time of got off duty my brain was mush.

The moment I walked in the house I went straight to bed and didn't wake up for 6-hours. All better now, but I like I said... I'm really disappointed I missed KFIT.

This afternoon Andrea and I drove to Lake Houston Park in New Caney, TX. It was really nice out there, even though the maps were a bit confusing and a few horse flies were pestering us. Tomorrow we're looking for a better hydration bottle(s). Half way into the run we both ran out of water. It was NOT a good feeling to be 4-miles into the woods without water. Sounds like I'm complaining a lot, but it was an enjoyable time. Glad to see new things we have never seen before and we highly recommend this park.

Walk:
5.44 miles
1:32:16
16:58 pace

Run:
2.5 miles
27:58
11:11 pace

As soon as I finish this post I'm going to the gym.

Weight Training:
Upper Body + Stretches

I've noticed my pace is getting better and that is exciting!!

Posted good numbers this week. Solid 12.5 hours of cardio in the last seven days. Grand total of 87-miles (run 11, cycle 57, and walk 19)

Hell ya!

No comments: