Sunday, August 30, 2009

Double Park

Started the morning with a family hike at Lake Houston Park. The girls rode their mountain bike, while Andrea and I pushed Preston in the jogging stroller. We've never taken our stroller "off road", but it worked just fine. Of course it wasn't easy, but we managed, and Preston was safe. Before we left the park we let the girls hang out at the Nature Center, which they always enjoy.

Hike:
5.90 miles
1:39:37
16:53 pace

Met three other Kingwood FIT runners at East End Park for a great 2-mile recovery run. It seemed a little warm in the beginning, but otherwise enjoyable weather conditons. The two miles went by really fast... probably because I was mindlessly talking the entire time. I felt itchy to drop the pace near the end, but I kept reminding myself, "this is a RECOVERY run".

I'm hopeful the "alternate running" schedule becomes popular with more runners, because I greatly enjoy the social aspect of our group runs.

Walk (warm-up/cool-down):
0.68 mile
11:06
16:19 pace

Run:
2.0 miles
22:23
11:15 pace

No comments: