Sunday, August 09, 2009

Jesse Jones Park

Happy 57th Birthday Mom!

Last night we watched Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. Good flick. Work up this morning and rode our bikes to HEB Redbox to return the movie.

Trail Bike:
7.78 miles
44:01
10.61 mph

It was like Christmas this morning! We went to Lukes Locker to exchange a pair of running shoes that was giving Andrea blisters on both feet. For the first time in a long while, I had a really good experience with Luke's. John was informative, sincere, helpful, and an all-around great to work with. We were so impressed we ended up buying Andrea a 6-bottle fuel belt and I bought a two bottle Ultimate Direction Naviti belt.

I would have bought myself a new pair of shoes at Luke's Locker as well, but I had a $40 gift card from Fleet Feet Sports for helping coach Power in Motion. The people were nice there as well, but I couldn't find a shoe I loved and ended up settling on a cheap pair of Asics Gel-Pulse. Fleet Feet is smaller, which is a double-edged sword. Unfortunately, today there were times I found myself frustrated that the person helping me was also trying to multi-task... working the register, answering the phone etc.

Also stopped by Academy for a smaller 2-gallon water jug to keep in my truck. Hopefully our days of running out of water are behind us!

Spent a little more than an hour at Jesse Jones park. Great place and really close to the house. It's been raining off-and-on all day, so we ran around a 1.5-mile asphalt loop on the East side of the JJ park. There were quite a few rolling hills in that short distance and the humidity made for some of the toughest running I've done this year!!! Andrea and I were well prepared... new shoes, tons of water, healthy lunch, and well rested. Sometimes that's not enough when the weather isn't optimal. Some how we managed to finish the workout. We were so tired neither of us said much on the way home.

Walk:
3.60 miles
1:20:29
16:48 pace

Run:
2.0 miles
23:2011:40 pace

Dad's been falling a lot. He's on a lot of blood thinners, so he looks like shit. He has bruises all over his upper body in different stages of healing.

Late this afternoon Andrea and I both hit the gym. Good workout.

Weight Training:
Mid-Body + Stretches

No comments: