Friday, August 14, 2009

Long walk

Walked home from work this morning.

In a mere 10-miles distance, the people are so different. When I'm in the Humble area, drivers buzz right by me at dangerous speeds with no regard to pedestrians. On the other hand, in Kingwood most of the drivers move to another lane, slow down, and a few even stop if there is traffic coming the opposite direction. I even get friendly waves from Kingwood drivers, which NEVER happens when I'm in Humble.

I forgot to mention... my elbow was nearly hit by a car mirror on my run to work yesterday. I'm partly to blame. For whatever reason, I had my head up my ass and was running WITH traffic instead of against the flow of traffic as I should have been. The near-miss was just inches from touching me. In fact, it stuck my shirt sleeve. What frustrated me even more... it was a little bitty Honda civic, which could have easily moved over and left both of use enough room in the same lane.

It's all very interesting to me.

Walk:
6.02 miles
1:42:36
17:02 pace

Later in the day I biked... and I put the hammer down! I needed 20 more minutes of cardio and I wanted to see how fast I could ride my 5.4 mile loop. It's been 4 days since I rode. My legs felt great and the ride was awesome.

Trail Bike:
5.46 miles
25:12
13.01 mph

As soon as I click PUBLISH, I'm walking out the door for my gym workout.

Weight Training:
Mid-Body

Looks like my sponsors are solid so I registered for the 2010 Houston Marathon. I'm a little behind where I'd like to be, but I have confidence I can ramp up in time for a successful run. There is a part of me that is saying, "what the hell are you thinking!?!?", but the majority of my being is super pumped!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SWEET!!! Hope you wait for me at the finish line.