Thursday, August 27, 2009

New School & Old School Routes

Met Steve this morning for a bike ride. Started at the gas station at West Lake Houston Parkway, biked to Duessin Park, then four loops inside Eisenhower park, and finally back to our trucks. Great ride. This route has quickly become a new favorite. Minimal vehicle traffic and a couple nice hills to get the ole' heart rate up.

Road Bike:
22.33 miles
1:22:31
16.24 mph

This evening I only needed to run a couple miles. I ran an old route I use to run all the time a few years ago. The route consist of the outer perimeter of Trailwood Village, which is an EXACT 3-mile loop from my mail box. Half mile warm up, a speedy 2-mile jaunt, and half mile cool down. Great run. I haven't ran at night in a long time, which was pleasant. I'm really starting to feel like a "runner" again.

Walk:
1.03 miles
17:35
16:54 pace

Run:
2 miles
21:09
10:34 pace

No comments: