Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Two runs, eleven miles

Run 1 of 2. Pushed stroller through Kingwood Greenbelts. Seven mile out and back. Negative mile splits with the exception of the final mile. The last mile has a significant incline. The stroller is getting old. I'll probably start running at night again.

I'm not too sure how well the massage worked. My legs were really sore when I woke up. Right now they feel the same as before. At least they aren't worst.

Activity: Run #1
Mileage: 7.0 miles
Time: 1:11:42 -- 10:15 pace
10:53, 10:34, 10:22, 10:09,
9:51, 9:45, 10:08
Location: Kingwood Greenbelts
How I Felt: 8.5

Run 2/2. There was a large turnout for the Strider Christmas Light run. The annual event attracted many of the usual SMART runners along with several new Houston Strider members. I was disappointed with the quantity and quality of Christmas lights within the "rich part of town". Maybe its an age thing. Where I live, most people have kids and consequently there are lots of Christmas lights and decorations. The lack of lights didn't take away from the event because, I had a superb time running. I hung out all night with Kate. We talked at length about her new home and remodeling. She's a great running partner.

Activity: Run #2, Novelty Run
Mileage: 4.05 miles
Time: 42:17 -- 10:26 pace
10:36, 10:37, 10:08, 10:22, 0:34, (0.05)
Location: Uptown Park
How I Felt: 10

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great visiting with you and the gang tonight. I had a blast.

Anonymous said...

Kate rocks!

This year in Tanglewood, next year in Kingwood!

Steeeve