Sunday, December 03, 2006

10k recovery

Since yesterdays run I've been limping around like I'm crippled.

Coach Steeve has an eerie way of knowing "all-things-running". In a recent email, I told him that I was feeling rather rough and he replied, "I trust you'll be in ship shape by morning". Needless to say when I woke up I felt better, but my legs remained tight and sore. I thought to myself, "finally caught him OFF of his game", that is until I took off for my recovery run.

My plan was to run by "feel" and not over tax my body during this run. By mile three I suspected the pace was faster than normal. Then on mile four I increased the effort from a solid five to an eight. The hamstring's started aching a bit, so I purposely made myself slow down. I reminded myself that this was a recovery run AND at the beginning of a recovery week. I returned to the prior run by "feel" for the final two mile cool-down.

What a spectacular run! I guess I didn't catch Coach after all. Today, I'm glad he was right!
Activity: Recovery Run
Mileage: 6.11 miles
Time: 58:12 -- 9:32 pace
Splits:
10:38, 9:34, 8:56, 8:25
Recovery: 9:59, 9:41
Location: Kingwood -- Trailwood Village
How I Felt: 10

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep us posted if you EVER catch HIM off his game. It'll be a first.

Nice run, Bill!

Anonymous said...

Dang Bill your getting faster! An 8:25 mile 4! That's AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

You've acquired a tremendous amount of running fitness this year; a lot of our training is centered around performing when you're tired, so your way good recovery run is not a complete surprise.

Steeeve