Friday, December 01, 2006

End of the month mileage

I walked out of the house at 10:45 pm for a six mile run. I was wearing my USA 10-miler long sleeve shirt, "biker-style" shorts (due to the chaffing) with a pair of normal running shorts over them. I made it a whooping quarter mile before I said, "SHIT, it's cold out here". I returned home and added some layers, which included a cotton t-shirt, gloves, and a beanie.

Out of curiosity, I checked the "official" temperature at Bush airport before I headed back out. The airport is about 5 aerial miles from Kingwood and it said it was 35 degrees. The mix of clothes the second time was perfect.

Felt so good that I added some extra miles. No great performance, just good ole' mileage. I ran the route that has two decent hills per loop. During the run I thought about Vic's November mileage. I'm both impressed and proud of his and Steve Bezners determination. It makes me wonder where I'd be right now, if I was working as hard as them. Either way, I guess you could say Vic inspired me to make a last minute push.

My legs feel great. I'm sure I could have done much more, but I have a 12-miler in Huntsville Saturday and I felt a VERY SMALL "weirdness" in my lower back. I thought it would be a good idea to call it quits and be content with double digits.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 10.45 miles
Time: 1:57:12 -- 11:13 pace
Location: Kingwood> Trailwood Village and Kings Lake Village
How I Felt: 9.8

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Canada we call beanie's "touques". They help us keep warm in our igloos while we feast on whale blubber!

Nice finish to the month yesterday Bill! I would also like to add that there are plenty of us out there who think you are a pretty determined fellow yourself! Be sure to enjoy your efforts as much as we enjoy reading about them! Here is to December - one month closer to the marathon!

Unknown said...

Dude, you got it so backwards. I'M the one who thinks about BILL and his determination when I'm running. You are the man!!!

I was nice outside. I so wish this was a running day for me but I'll get to enjoy the COLD tomorrow at Huntsville.

TX Runner Mom said...

I'm also inspired by Vic and Steve B, but don't look past all you've accomplished! You've run some awesome mileage as well!!

SRR said...

6 miles turned into 10.45! That's great!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Willie, you da man too!

Myself suspects tomrrow moring could be on the brisk side, but looking forward to good times...

Steeeve

Anonymous said...

Party On!

Welcome to the biggest loser club! Between you, Vic and myself we've lost a couple of Striders!

Yep, I'm looking forward to tommorow morning as well! Last night I had a tough time keeping up with Coach, but after a day off and some carb loading I'm ready to rock!

Ummm...did I hear a rumor about I-Hop as well! How about some training for the Pie Relay Team!

Later Dude!